My Natural Hair Journey

I have been receiving Alot of questions and compliments on and about my hair. As you know I have been transitioning for about 8 1/2 mos but only two months without braids or weaves. I want to start first by saying, I am not a Natural Hair Expert; so what works for me may or may not work for you. I have really been doing my homework on this(& so should you if you are planning to go Natural) because I have been wearing perms longer than I have been wearing my own real natural hair. Every night I watch natural hair videos and tutorials on YouTube. These videos have really helped alot with different styles that I am currently wearing to work, with keeping my hair healthy during the transition process, and staying strong and positive during this process because if you are not ready you will easily go back to the "Creamy Crack" AKA PERM. I currently use Garnier Fructis "Wonder Waves" shampoo and Garnier Fructis "Triple Nutriton" with Olive, Avocado, & Shea conditioner.Sometime I use 100% Black Soap. I wash my hair at least once a week (Normally on the weekends). After I wash & condition my hair I either twist it in two stran twists or braid it in about six big breads going back. When I do my twist or braids I use the 100% Natural African Shea Butter on my Wet hair (I Do Not Blow Dry) unless I want a BIG Fro. The LESS Heat the Better. And that is basically it...

If you are planning on going natural; one thing I can say is be prepared MENTALLY for this journey. If you are not going to do the "BC" The Big Chop; which is cutting your hair all the way down to the new growth so that there is no more perm left' you may experience some breakage where the natural hair and the perm meet. Make sure that you keep your hair conditioned and try to trim it up every time you wash it until you cut out all of the perm. The transition process is very time consumming and you have to stay up on it to keep from looking like a WILD person. You will also get alot of questions and stares; not because you look crazy, but because people are actually curious. Also just realize that it is Hair and not who you are as a person. If you can get pass "Having Long STRAIGHT Hair is the ONLYway to look BEAUTIFUL" out of your Mind than you can do it. I am not saying that I would NEVER go back to wearing weaves again but I will NEVER get another perm because I have learned that I can get my natural hair just as straight without chemicals (YEAH) and I can get some of the same styles that I had when I had a perm.

Well that is all I really have on My Natural Hair Journey & I will be posting some pics later to my page on my progress. Below I have posted a link by BlackOnyx77 one of the videos that I have watched to keep me motivated during my transition. Hope this was helpful... Smooches ;)


2 comments:

  1. YOU LOOK GREAT AS A NATURAL! AS THEY SAY LESS IS MORE. YOU DON'T NEED TO GO OVER THE TOP TO LOOK BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous! :) I would love to know who you are though.?.?.?

    ReplyDelete